Tanya Bakes Review // Making Rocky Road

I've been watching Tanya Burr on YouTube for years now, and although she's had various beauty releases and a book in the past, it's never really been something that I've been excited to go out and buy.  However, when I found out that she was releasing a book all about baking, I couldn't wait to pick it up! When I was younger, I used to bake all the time with my Grandma, so it's always been something that I've enjoyed doing. Baking brings back such fond memories of my childhood, so it's something that I definitely need to make more time for. The cover of the book is beautiful, and definitely stands out amongst all other books on the shelves. The book retails for £16.99, but I managed to get mine for £8.50 in Asda. 


Tanya reveals all of her inspiration for the book in the first few pages, which gives the book a very personal touch. She even includes what she loves about each particular recipe, or why it means something special to her, at the start of almost every one. You can really get a sense of her personality throughout the book. Every recipe has a clear list of ingredients and fairly simple instructions, so the book really is for everyone.

The photography inside the book is beautiful, and Tanya herself looks stunning in all of the pictures. Every time I turned the page, there was another delicious looking recipe to drool over. All of the recipes look so tasty, and she has a whole variety of recipes ranging from a beginner level to a fairly more expert level, but I wouldn't say that any of the recipes seem hard to follow. The book is split into 8 sections; Cookies and Biscuits, Muffins, Cupcakes and Traybakes, Cakes and Loaves, Puddings, Pastry, Bread, Brunch and Special Occasions. I think my personal favourite is the cupcakes and traybakes section, as it is filled with super simple recipes that would be fun to make if you had friends over one evening. 


Whilst flicking through the book, I decided to try and make something pretty quick and easy, so what better than Rocky Road! Tanya's book includes a super simple recipe, that only takes 15 minutes to prepare. Of course, the picture of Tanya's rocky road in her book looked an awful lot better than mine turned out, but I was really impressed with how easy it was to make. Tanya's recipe uses only dark chocolate, so I was a little bit worried that it might be too bitter, but it actually turned out to be really nice! It was, however, extremely rich tasting, so once piece is definitely enough to satisfy any cravings. I'd recommend giving it a try though if you're looking for something simple to try first.



I'd definitely recommend picking up Tanya Bakes if you enjoy baking or have a bit of a sweet tooth. The pictures inside really do give the book that little extra touch, and it breaks the recipes down in a way that make it easy to follow. I'll definitely be trying out more of the recipes, so look out for some baking posts on my blog in the near future! 

Have you bought Tanya Bakes yet? What are some of your favourite recipes?

4 comments

  1. They look amazing!! I really need to pick up her book!! You should 100% bake something else xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely get it, it's such a lovely book! I think I'm going too :) xx

      Delete
  2. Rocky Road is literally my favourite and yours are making me want some right now! I've got the book too and I've already 'attempted' the millionaire's shortbread and salted Nutella cookies. Definitely would recommend them recipes xx

    http://brookebanter.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I attempted the millionaires shortbread too but it was a huge fail! I ended up putting it straight in the bin haha! I'll definitely have to take a look at the Nutella cookies! X

      Delete